s
m
c
c
chai2012 chai2012
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
I don't know what to do with my life. I hate my job and everything seems so meaningless. I can barely muster the energy to get out of bed in the morning. Sometimes I just want to sleep for days. Based on this scenario from the text, which of the following is the most effective paraphrase?

A. You are having trouble finding a worthwhile reason to get up and going each day, in particular because you are unhappy with your career and are unsure what direction your life should take. Does that sound correct?
  B. You can barely muster the energy to get out of bed in the morning. Is that right?
  C. You don't know what to do with your life, and you hate your job, which makes you want to sleep for days.
  D. All of the above.

Q. 2

I am still in shock that my husband is having an affair. I really can't believe it. I thought we had the perfect marriage. How could I have been so stupid to not see this was happening?

I feel like such a fool. Based on this scenario from the text, choose the option that is NOT an example of an effective paraphrase.
  A. You're upset with yourself for not recognizing that something was amiss in your marriage. Is that right?
  B. You feel like a fool because you thought you had a perfect marriage.
  C. It's difficult for you to come to terms with your husband's infidelity, especially because you were under the impression that everything was fine.
  D. All of the above are examples of effective paraphrases.

Q. 3

Paraphrasing is

A. a way for clients to confirm or clarify the counselors' understanding of the situation and their thoughts and feelings.
  B. a mechanism to help clients focus.
  C. a technique to help clients transition from one topic to another.
  D. None of the above are functions of paraphrasing.

Q. 4

Includes unlawful, forcible entry, and attempted entry of a residence. Usually involves theft, but not always. Illegal entry can be made with or without force.

a. Burglary
  b. Misdemeanor
  c. Felony
  d. Aggravated assault

Q. 5

All of the following questions could be easily changed into an open question EXCEPT,

A. Were you upset when you were grounded?
  B. How many times were you pulled over for drunk driving?
  C. Are you worried about losing your job?
  D. Do you want to move closer to your family?

Q. 6

A question with an answer already embedded in it is called a

A. why question.
  B. closed question.
  C. leading question.
  D. open question.

Q. 7

Why questions do NOT usually

A. encourage clients to intellectualize their problems.
  B. put clients on the defensive.
  C. cause clients to rationalize their problems.
  D. allow clients to explore their issues and emotions at a deeper level.

Q. 8

When using questions in the counseling relationship, it is best to

A. move from general (open questions) to specific (closed questions).
  B. move from specific (closed questions) to general (open questions).
  C. move very quickly from general (open questions) to specific (closed questions) whenever possible.
  D. ask whatever question pops into your mind, whether open or closed.

Q. 9

Attack or attempted attack with a weapon, whether or not victim is injured. Includes an attack without a weapon when serious injury results.

a. Burglary
  b. Felony
  c. Misdemeanor
  d. Aggravated Assault
Read 468 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
Eye_openerEye_opener
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 1 0