t
i
r
r
a7aimama a7aimama
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Surface pressure systems tend to move in the same direction as the wind at 5500 m (18,000 ft)the 500-mb level. The speed at which surface systems move is about double the speed of the winds at this level.
   a. True
   b. False

Q. 2

It is possible to make a short-range weather prediction based on a surface weather map.
   a. True
   b. False

Q. 3

These days the precise location where a tornado will form can be predicted up to 7 days in advance.
   a. True
   b. False

Q. 4

A downside of high-resolution models is that, as the horizontal spacing between grid points decreases, the number of computations increases. When the distance is halved, there are 8 times as many computations to perform, and the time (and computational expense) required to run the model goes up by a factor of 16.
   a. True
   b. False

Q. 5

Because the many weather variables are constantly changing, meteorologists have devised atmospheric models that describe the present state of the atmosphere. These are not physical models that paint a picture of a developing storm; they are, rather, mathematical models consisting of many equations that describe how atmospheric temperature, pressure, winds, and moisture will change with time.
   a. True
   b. False
Read 187 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
racehlkracehlk
wrote...
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free