I
k
j
o
abaker93 abaker93
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
During an interview with an older adult, the client moves her chair back. Which of the following responses by the nurse is most appropriate?

A) Stop the interview and give her recovery time.
  B) Move own chair closer.
  C) Sit upright, leaning back.
  D) Ask the client if she is okay.

Question 2

During an admission interview, a client gives the following response to a question about living arrangements. I can't stay in my own home. Now that I've fallen and broken my hip, I'm not sure what the doctor will say. My children don't want me."

Which response by the nurse is most appropriate?

A) You worry that the doctor will tell you need surgery?
  B) You fell and broke your hip?
  C) Your children don't want
  D) Where you want to live?

Question 3

A nurse assesses an older adult's insight regarding the care plan. What question may the nurse ask to gauge the client's insight?

A) Where would you go if you were discharged from the hospital today?
  B) How would you spend 100 if you were given it today?
  C) What are the similarities between a doctor and a nurse?
  D) Why do you think that your doctor admitted you to the hospital?

Question 4

An older adult is admitted to a geriatric unit in the hospital. The nurse in the emergency department states that the client is oriented to one only. Which of the following actions should the admitting nurse perform? (Select all that apply.)

A) Have a conversation with the client about challenges to cognitive functioning.
  B) Orient the client to the room, unit, and plan of care.
  C) Post a calendar with dates crossed off.
  D) Reassess orientation status.
  E) Repeat orientation as needed.

Question 5

A nurse performs a psychosocial assessment on an older adult in the hospital. Which of the following statements may suggest low self-esteem?

A) I don't know who's going to take care of my spouse while I'm in the hospital.
  B) I know I have to rely on others for some help to get along in life.
  C) When I was younger, I worked around the clock and now I can't even make it to the toilet.
  D) I'm worried about what's going to happen once I get out of here.

Question 6

A resident of a nursing home has accused several members of the care staff of stealing jewelry from the overbed table despite the fact that the facility's policy requires residents to keep such valuables in a lock box.

The nurse has responded empathically to the accusations and has explained why this is impossible, to no avail. Which of the following conditions is the client experiencing?

A) Delusions
  B) Hallucinations
  C) Unresolved anger
  D) Illusions
Read 147 times
3 Replies