K
g
L
w
CCashley CCashley
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which personality characteristic would the nurse expect in a patient diagnosed with an eating disorder?

a. Grandiosity
  b. Impulsivity
  c. Perfectionism
  d. Suspiciousness

Question 2

A patient has coronary artery disease, type 2 diabetes, and hypertension. The patient has risk factors for

Question 3

A nurse planning care for a patient diagnosed with bulimia nervosa should recommend the use of

a. psychodynamic group therapy.
  b. cognitive-behavioral therapy.
  c. pharmacotherapy.
  d. psychodrama.

Question 4

A patient diagnosed with vascular dementia gets more confused, agitated, and anxious in the evening. This behavior represents

a. sundowning.
  b. moonlighting.
  c. differentiating.
  d. misinterpreting.

Question 5

A patient diagnosed with anorexia nervosa spills milk over a plate of partially eaten food. Select the nurse's best response.

a. That won't work. You are manipulating.
  b. You are deliberately making mealtime difficult.
  c. I will get you a fresh plate of food so you can finish.
  d. You are required to eat your meal. I'll wait until you finish.

Question 6

Last year a patient had a subtotal gastrectomy after being diagnosed with stomach cancer. Now the patient says, I'd rather take vitamin pills than shots. Which information should the nurse provide to this patient?

a. Most patients have difficulty remembering to take the vitamins. Deficits can precipitate a recurrence of the cancer.
  b. Injections are needed, because the loss of stomach tissue reduces absorption of vitamin B12.
  c. Injections will eventually be replaced with pills, but it is too soon after the gastrectomy.
  d. Injections prevent development of NPH and delirium.

Question 7

An initial step in the nursepatient relationship for a patient diagnosed with anorexia nervosa should be

a. formulate the nursepatient contract.
  b. exclude the family from treatment.
  c. recommend a therapeutic group.
  d. use intense confrontation.

Question 8

An older adult suddenly develops urinary incontinence. A family member says the patient started walking oddly, like stepping on a sticky floor. Which problem would the nurse suspect?

a. Pick's disease
  b. Parkinson's disease
  c. HD
  d. Normal-pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)
Read 22 times
1 Reply