t
i
r
r
husan husan
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Which principle regarding grief crisis intervention is the basis for intervention planning?

a. The acute phase is the most intense period of the grieving process
  b. The intensity of the grief is in proportion to the expected death trajectory
  c. Grief work is most effective when addressed during the acute phase of grief
  d. Anticipatory grief is an expected barrier to grief work

Question 2

An important trait seen in a nurse who is effective in caring for the terminally ill is emotional maturity. Which statement by a nurse shows this maturity?

a. I cry for a client when I'm alone but never when I'm with them.
  b. My job is to create a 'good death' for my clients.
  c. This is a stressful job and it isn't something just any nurse can do.
  d. My clients are the best part of this emotionally draining job.

Question 3

A 69-year-old patient in the geriatric clinic has an annual physical examination and a complete blood count and serum electrolytes are drawn. While the physical examination was uneventful the laboratory results show an elevated blood urea nitrogen (BUN).

a. Ask that the test be rerun since the client showed no physical signs of renal failure.
  b. Review the client's medication list since BUN can be affected by many spe-cific medications.
  c. Instruct the client on collecting a 24-hour urine specimen for a more detailed analysis.
  d. Assure the client that an elevated BUN is normal in older adults.

Question 4

When a client's thyroid panel shows an elevated TSH, the nurse reviews the client's medication history for a current prescription for:

a. Lithium
  b. Heparin
  c. Aspirin
  d. Phenytoin (Dilantin)

Question 5

A nurse is working in a community health center that is sponsoring a program that offers both digital rectal exams (DRE) and free prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood tests to all men older than age 60. A man approaches and asks, What is this all about?

a. A PSA test is one of the primary screening tests for prostate cancer.
  b. The PSA test is a definitive way to diagnose prostate cancer.
  c. A PSA test is indicated when a man has other symptoms of prostate cancer.
  d. The PSA test is unreliable unless a digital rectal exam immediately precedes it.

Question 6

A 78-year-old patient who is dying of colon cancer with metastases to the liver is refusing to eat or drink. He is alert and oriented, and states that he has no desire to eat, which is causing the family great distress. In order to best address the client

a. Explain the family's concern to the client
  b. Educate the family that this is normal behavior in this situation
  c. Contact the physician for an order for enteral feeding.
  d. Contact the dietitian for feeding supplements.

Question 7

An older woman with breast cancer has completed a course of external radiation and is receiving chemotherapy. After her recent chemotherapy treatment, she complains of severe weakness, dizziness, and lethargy, and is admitted to the hospital. Her platelet

a. Preventing falls
  b. Maintaining skin integrity
  c. Preventing infection
  d. Replacing fluids
Read 119 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
J_Ferrarini25J_Ferrarini25
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 770 words.