d
a
g
j
petravarkonyi petravarkonyi
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
When the mother of a child with gastroesophageal reflux calls the clinic nurse to report that her baby is vomiting small amounts of blood, the nurse explains that the esophagus has been irritated by _______ ________.

ANS:

Question 2

When assessing the laboratory values of a child with nephrosis, the nurse anticipates which results? (Select all that apply.)

a. High levels of protein in the urine
  b. High serum lipid levels
  c. Low serum protein levels
  d. Low hemoglobin
  e. High white blood cell count

Question 3

The nurse is recording a history for a child who has been diagnosed with recurrent abdominal pain (RAP). What is a finding that is characteristic of this disorder?

a. Morning headaches
  b. Pain for 3 consecutive months
  c. Febrile episodes in the late afternoon
  d. Diaphoresis when attacks occur

Question 4

The nurse anticipates that the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) taken from a child with bacterial meningitis would have a low __________ level.

ANS:

Question 5

When performing an assessment of a child with recurrent abdominal pain (RAP), the nurse recognizes the child will most likely experience what symptom?

a. Increased temperature
  b. Constipation
  c. Right quadrant pain
  d. Exercise-associated pain

Question 6

Recurrent abdominal pain (RAP) is most often seen in school-age or adolescent children. The nurse should assess closely for what potential problems?

a. Physical problems
  b. Relational problems
  c. Eating disorders
  d. Emotional problems
Read 52 times
3 Replies