A
B
j
s
jmedina05 jmedina05
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Julie is a 42-year-old wife and mother who has recently experienced a mastectomy for breast cancer. The nurse enters the room to check vital signs and sees tears in the eyes of Julie and her husband.

Which of the following statements by the nurse reflect accurate understanding of approaches to communication in a therapeutic relationship? 1. I know this is a difficult time for you and your family. It is probably best if we wait and talk about your concerns when you a little stronger.
  2. I think it will be helpful if you both remain hopeful and stay focused on the positive.
  3. I know this is a stressful time for you; would you like to visit with the chaplain?
  4. You seem to be troubled, which is understandable. In what ways can I be the most helpful to you at this time?

Question 2

Knowledge discovery in databases offers the health care team trended patterns that can be transformed into useful data. Which nursing role can best benefit from knowledge discovery as it pertains to evidence-based practice?

1. The nurse as administrator
  2. The nurse as educator
  3. The nurse as researcher
  4. The nurse at point of care

Question 3

Ferguson (2002) describes levels in which online health care consumers or e-patients access and use health-related information. Which of the following are considered a level of access? Select all that apply.

1. Search for information on Internet
  2. Seek guidance from online patient-helper
  3. Use the paid services of online medical advisors and consultants
  4. Receive one-way electronic messages from their clinicians
  5. E-mail family and friends seeking information, advice, and support.

Question 4

The steering committee must consider much information in order to arrive at the best system. Which statements would be considered as favorable during the evaluation of systems for purchase consideration? Select all that apply.

1. Minimal downtime is required nightly for complete system checks and backup.
  2. Connectivity between the application and inputting clinical information, such as vital signs, can be achieved through customization.
  3. Open system architecture is utilized for system protocols.
  4. Response time for all online transactions is five seconds or more.
  5. A separate training environment is used, where new users can utilize the live system for training whenever it is needed.
Read 35 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
ajohnson555ajohnson555
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 330 words.