F
a
u
o
Rye Rye
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following is usually not part of a job evaluation?

A) The job description
  B) Being compared with others
  C) The results of the employee's efforts
  D) What the evaluator has seen

Question 2

You have been floated to another inpatient unit that utilizes the primary nursing model of care. You are excited about being able to work under this type of care model because one of the advantages of this particular model is _____.

a. accountability c. geographic boundaries
  b. cost d. perform all interventions

Question 3

Jose has switched to the night shift from the evening shift so that he has more time to spend with his family. However, he is finding it difficult to sleep during the day. His wife asks him to do numerous tasks around the house while he is at home.

The lack of sleep is beginning to affect his job performance, and he has made several medication errors over the past month. His evaluation is a month away. The best approach for the nurse manager to take in this situation would be to:
  A) Wait until his evaluation in a month
  B) Ask the night supervisor to speak with him
  C) Schedule a meeting with Jose for the next morning
  D) Ignore the situation because the manager knows Jose will improve

Question 4

In which model of care delivery is the focus on patients' needs rather than on staff needs?

a. primary c. differentiated practice
  b. patient-centered d. modular

Question 5

Madeline is working in the pediatric oncology unit as a pediatric client care technician and enjoys playing with the children. Every time the nurse needs her for something, Madeline can be found in the play area or in a child's room.

The nurse believes if Madeline would do her tasks, then she would be able to deliver better nursing care. The nurse is finally exasperated with Madeline after finding her in the playroom one more time. The nurse says: You are lazy and never get anything of importance done for this unit The nurse has just provided Madeline with:
  A) Neutral criticism
  B) Positive feedback
  C) Negative feedback
  D) Constructive criticism

Question 6

Billi Jo is a new UAP. She is eager and excited about her new job in health care. She is helping the nurse move a client up in bed. The nurse observes that Billi Jo is using all her back muscles and none of her leg muscles to accomplish this task.

Which response best provides constructive criticism for Billie Jo?
  A) You are not using very good body mechanics
  B) I find when I move clients, it helps to use my leg muscles more and my back muscles less
  C) I hope you are not considering a nursing career because you won't last 2 months if you move clients that way
  D) You were very helpful in moving the client up in the bed
Read 23 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
CbrowneCbrowne
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 290 words.