a
t
i
r
baller123 baller123
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Status has been described as the measure of worth that has been conferred on an individual by a specified group. Team members who initiate communication more have been discovered to have which type of status within the group?

a. leader c. high
  b. middle d. low

Question 2

Nurse B has been noted for his excellent communication skills. Three skills Nurse B uses in his daily nursing practice to ensure effective communication with staff and patients and/or families are listed below.

Which is not correct as far as how Nurse B effectively communicates with others? a. sensitive to other's values and cultural differences
  b. uses mindguards to ensure patients clearly understand discharge orders
  c. shows a genuine interest in the team members
  d. displays good verbal and written communication skills

Question 3

Synergy has been defined as a characteristic of great teams and teamwork. Which of the following statements is not correct about synergy and the application of synergy in health care?

a. The bonus that is achieved when things work together harmoniously.
  b. The whole is greater than its parts.
  c. The Synergy Model of Professional Caring and Ethics was developed by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
  d. The synergy model matches the characteristics of the nurse, clinical unit or system with the patient's ability to achieve identified outcomes.

Question 4

Which of the following is considered a group maintenance role for a team member?

a. encourager c. Blocker
  b. coordinator d. Orienter

Question 5

Team member roles have been identified as fitting into three categories of roles: group task roles, group maintenance roles, and self-oriented roles. Which of the following is considered to be a self-oriented role?

a. Watches the internal operations of the group and provides feedback on how the participants are doing and ways to improve their involvement
  b. Seeks attention, boasts about accomplishments and capabilities
  c. Offers information, viewpoints, and suggestions about the chosen problem or task
  d. Stimulates the group to higher levels of achievement and a better quality of work

Question 6

An interdisciplinary team is assigned to work on patient safety concerns for the pediatric unit on a large urban not-for-profit hospital.

Two of the team members are complaining that one nurse is taking charge and assigning duties to everybody randomly without consulting any of the other nurses on the team. One nurse pushes back and says, You can't tell me what to do. You are not my manager Which stage of group process is the team in? a. norming c. informing
  b. forming d. storming

Question 7

The Tuckman and Jensen (1977) Conceptual Model of team process development includes five stages. However, not all teams go through them in order. During which stage do team members start to work together cooperatively within the group?

a. adjourning c. performing
  b. forming d. norming
Read 31 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
alvitopaserualvitopaseru
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 840 words.