p
n
C
z
little toast little toast
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A false belief that is firmly and consistently held despite contradictory evidence or logic is a ____.

a. distortion c. delusion
  b. loose association d. hallucination

Question 2

Jack, Jim, and Justin all have intellectual disabilities. Jack's mother was a chronic alcoholic. Jim's mother beat him on the head repeatedly when he was an infant. Justin was born prematurely and suffered from a lack of oxygen at birth. The cause of intellectual disabilities for all three boys is due to ____.

a. unknownfactors c. genetic factors
  b. nongenetic biological factors d. environmental factors

Question 3

People who experience persecutory delusions may respond to the delusions with safety behaviors that remove them from what they view as dangerous situations. This paradoxically prevents ____ from helping them.

a. information that contradicts the delusion c. loosening of associations
  b. paranoid ideation d. cognitive slippage

Question 4

Which statement about the predisposing and etiological factors associated with intellectual disabilities is accurate?

a. Heredity explains the cause of over one-half of all cases of intellectual disabilities.
  b. Down syndrome and fetal alcohol syndrome account for almost 75 percent of all cases of intellectual disabilities.
  c. More children develop intellectual disabilities because of infections and brain damage than because of all other causes put together.
  d. In a large majority of cases (80 percent), the cause of intellectual disabilities is not known.

Question 5

Angela hears voices that tell her to commit suicide. She also tends to use many neologisms when she speaks and believes that the FBI is spying on her. Which statement regarding Angela is accurate?

a. Angela's negative symptoms are atypical for schizophrenia.
  b. Angela exhibits positive symptoms of schizophrenia.
  c. Angela exhibits negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
  d. Angela could be diagnosed with residual schizophrenia.

Question 6

Dr. Branch tells his pregnant patient, Because you are 38 years old, we strongly recommend amniocentesis to see whether there is a normal number of chromosomes in your baby. What disorder is Dr. Branch concerned about?

a. phenylketonuria (PKU) c. Down syndrome
  b. nongenetic biogenic retardation d. fetal alcohol syndrome

Question 7

Patrick says, I'm afraid to go to my in-laws' house because I hate them. Whenever I go there, they can hear whenever I think how much I hate them and that I think they should clean their house. What schizophrenic symptom is Patrick displaying?

a. thought withdrawal c. nihilistic delusions
  b. delusions of reference d. thought broadcasting
Read 938 times
3 Replies