i
d
d
J
zfuller1 zfuller1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
What was one of the major findings from a high-risk schizophrenia study conducted by Yung, Philips, Hok, and McGorry (2004 ) in Australia?

a) The findings were inconclusive since few participants later developed psychotic disorders
  b) MRI comparisons over time showed no relationship with the development of psychosis
  c) Increased grey matter volume was evident only among patients diagnosed with psychosis
  d) Reduced grey matter volume predated illness onset

Question 2

One big finding from the STARD research is:

a) Combined (i.e., medication and therapy) treatment works for all people with depression
  b) A very small percentage of people do not respond to combined treatment
  c) Combined treatment offers relief for many depressed people
  d) Medication must be included, either on its own or with therapy, in order to treat depression

Question 3

Results from the MTA (1999 ) study on the combined treatment of stimulant medication (i.e., Ritalin) and behaviour therapy programs have shown the following results:

a) The medication alone leads to better outcomes.
  b) The behaviour therapy alone offers better outcomes.
  c) The combined program leads to significantly better outcomes.
  d) Regardless of treatment, ADHD is a life-long disorder

Question 4

According to research by Stretch (1990, 1991 ) on PTSD in Canadian Vietnam Veterans:

a) American soldiers were more likely to experience long-lasting forms of PTSD
  b) Canadian soldiers received more recognition for their war efforts
  c) Less than one-quarter of Canadian soldiers were diagnosed with PTSD during or following the war
  d) PTSD was associated with poorer health and nervous system problems

Question 5

Athletes Sheldon Kennedy, Theoren Fleury, and R. A. Dickey were all sexually abused as children and were ___________ as adults.

a) Schizophrenic
  b) Well-functioning
  c) Suicidal
  d) Perpetrators of abuse

Question 6

Mr. Presto is considered by his wife to be a workaholic. He is competitive about his work, always in a hurry, and hostile toward people who get in his way. Mr. Presto would be described as having:

a) The perfectionistic pattern
  b) The Superman Syndrome
  c) Type A behaviour pattern
  d) Type B behaviour pattern

Question 7

Follow-up data (McGirr et al., 2007 ) on suicide show that:

a) Those who die by suicide are higher in impulsivity and violent-aggressive features linked with Cluster B personality disorders
  b) Those who die by suicide are higher in impulsivity and lower in violent-aggressive features linked with Cluster B personality disorders
  c) Those who die by suicide are lower in impulsivity and higher violent-aggressive features linked with Cluster B personality disorders
  d) Those who die by suicide are similarly low in impulsivity and violent-aggressive features linked with Cluster B personality disorders
Read 29 times
2 Replies