c
p
M
a
NewtoBio NewtoBio
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Please see attachment, I am unsure how to work this out.

Thanks for the help
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 458 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Hello NewtoBio,

Please type out the question, then we will answer it for you!
NewtoBio Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Hello NewtoBio,

Please type out the question, then we will answer it for you!

The following readings were taken from a target and reference mRNA, amplified, quantified and electrophoresed. Determine the relative amounts of mRNA in the samples and identify the treatment which produces the highest levels of target expression.

Sample      Amplified Target DNA         Amplified reference DNA

untreated      0.97                  11.67
5nM         1.39                  13.43
50nM      1.36                  10.94
500nM      1.48                  5.64
5μM         1.9                  10
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I have no idea how to perform the calculation. I looks like the Amplified Target DNA is increasing as its concentration increases. The opposite is true for the Amplified reference DNA. Were you provided a formula of some sort? Sorry for not providing more for you to work with Frowning Face
NewtoBio Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I have no idea how to perform the calculation. I looks like the Amplified Target DNA is increasing as its concentration increases. The opposite is true for the Amplified reference DNA. Were you provided a formula of some sort? Sorry for not providing more for you to work with Frowning Face

Thanks anyway! This is all I was given, which is why I am so confused. I think you have to divide the amplified target by the amplified reference but I'm not sure if you have to take into account the sample amount.

I emailed my lecturer to see if I was on the right lines but all she said was "yes you need to find the ratios and compare these"

Frowning Face vague!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1292 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 302