d
l
a
s
husan husan
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
A supervisor notices that an employee has been late to work for three days this week. What action would be LEAST recommended for fostering open communication?
 a. Call the employee to ask him about the lateness.
  b. Write the employee a disciplinary memorandum about the lateness.
  c. Meet with the employee face-to-face to discuss the lateness.
  d. Send the employee an email message about his or her lateness.

Ques. 2

Which statement BEST describes the report introduction?
 a. It may be a copy of the report proposal.
  b. It may be omitted if the report preliminaries include the problem and purpose.
  c. It provides information needed to understand the rest of the report.
  d. It should not describe the research methods.

Ques. 3

Identify the verb in the sentence. Passengers waved goodbye to family and friends.

Ques. 4

Studies show that managers spend up to 80 percent of their work time
 a. making critical decisions.
  b. communicating.
  c. hiring, firing, and assessing employee performance.
  d. planning, goal setting, and assessing organizational performance.

Ques. 5

Which statement about an acknowledgments page is NOT accurate?
 a. It is a required preliminary in formal reports.
  b. It may be written in first person even if the report is written in third person.
  c. It is a gracious, but nonessential, part of a formal report.
  d. It should not be used if the transmittal message acknowledges people who as-sisted with the project.

Ques. 6

Identify the verb in the sentence. Did the ship leave on time?

Ques. 7

Poor Example of a Job-Refusal Message Saying no tactfully is important since future job success often is influenced by previous interactions with people in various circumstances. Rodrigo has received a job offer but has decided not to take the job. He sends the following job-refusal message to the company. Dear Mr. Pates: I regret to inform you that I must turn down your offer of the sales associate position. I have recently received an offer that provides more opportunity for growth and better monetary compensation. Given my personal goals, I believe that it would be a mistake for me not to take this offer. Thank you for your consideration. I wish you the best of luck finding someone who meets your needs. Cordially, Rodrigo Martinez Required: Rewrite the job-refusal message for better human relations.
Read 66 times
2 Replies