t
i
r
r
leoncios leoncios
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which statement accurately reflects the relationship between direct discrimination and comparable worth?

a. Comparable worth is an approach to closing the earnings gap, viewed as not primarily a product of direct discrimination, that argues that pay levels for traditionally male and traditionally female jobs should be equalized by paying equally all jobs that are worth about the same to an employer.
  b. The earnings gap is primarily a product of direct discriminationa division in the labor market between traditionally male and female jobs known as comparable worth.
  c. Advocates of comparable worth argue that governmental agencies or the courts should evaluate traditionally male and female jobs to determine how to end direct discrimination.
  d. Comparable worth goes beyond paying men and women equally for the same work and calls for the end of direct discrimination in setting wages.

Question -2-

According to the feature box, Who's Getting What? The Stonewall Riots, why was the decision in One, Inc. v. Olesen 355 US 371 (1958) significant?

a. It upheld the right of the post office to refuse material they deemed obscene.
  b. It granted homosexuals status as a protected class.
  c. It recognized homosexual press rights.
  d. It was the first Supreme Court decision that paved the way to the legality of same-sex marriage.
Read 130 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
igotoschooligotoschool
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free