i
d
d
J
mesharmor mesharmor
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Collaborative school-based study groups involved in action research use models including each of the following except

a. parallel inquiry.
  b. intersecting inquiry.
  c. inquiry support.
  d. critical inquiry.
  e. shared inquiry.

Ques. 2

The computer program that Josh is working on presents him with a sentence in which a word has been underlined. Josh has to indicate the part of speech represented by the underlined word. After receiving feedback about the correctness of his response, Josh is given another sentence with an underlined word. This description best illustrates what type of computer-based instruction (CBI) program?

a. tutorial
  b. drill and practice
  c. simulation
  d. problem solving

Ques. 3

Which of the following is not a question an action researcher might ask in judging the effectiveness of an action research effort?

a. Did the action research lead to action?
  b. Were relevant variables controlled so that I know the findings are true?
  c. How have the lives of my students been enhanced?
  d. How has the research contributed to my reflective stance as a practitioner?

Ques. 4

B. F. Skinner's approach to instruction is best captured by which of the following?

a. Clearly specify the goal of instruction.
  b. Organize the content in a logical, basic to advanced sequence.
  c. Let students learn at their own rate.
  d. All of these answers.

Ques. 5

Which of the following is not a rationale for holding action research to high standards of rigor

a. there is a need to add to the professional knowledge base in education.
  b. educators have an obligation to students and to their well-being.
  c. educators need personal and collective efficacy.
  d. without rigor, findings will not be published.

Ques. 6

You decide to check on your students' progress after they have completed an average of five questions at the end of the chapter. This is a schedule of reinforcement.

a. continuous
  b. variable ratio
  c. fixed ratio
  d. variable interval

Ques. 7

The most important step in action research is

a. publishing the results.
  b. controlling all potential extraneous variables that could influence the findings.
  c. taking action based on the knowledge gained.
  d. assuring the validity and reliability of the measuring tools used.

Ques. 8

Which of the following approaches to instruction would be most consistent with the work of B. F. Skinner?

a. Avoid stating instructional goals, allow students to discover what they need to know, encourage students to work in small groups.
  b. Negotiate learning goals with students, provide scaffolded instruction, have all students learn at the same rate.
  c. Clearly express instructional goals, teach subject matter in a logical sequence, allow students to learn at their own pace.
  d. Clearly express instructional goals, allow each student to decide when and in what sequence he or she will learn the subject matter, allow students to learn at their own pace.
Read 24 times
3 Replies