e
s
s
e
mfurness123 mfurness123
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Consider the example of a person who picks up a beer for the road in spite of an Open Container Law (a law prohibiting open containers of alcohol in motor vehicles). He no longer does this when his kids are along. I don't think it's a good idea any more, he concludes. I don't want to set a bad example for the kids. His reasoning in this case would best be described as being at what stage?

a. Punishment and obedience
  b. Market exchange
  c. Interpersonal harmony
  d. Social contract

Ques. 2

According to research, which of the following is the most likely perception of cultural minorities who are alienated from school?

a. They feel like they are not smart enough to succeed in school.
  b. They feel like they are not welcome and do not belong in school.
  c. They feel like school is only valuable for extracurricular activities.
  d. They feel like they can succeed only if they have wealthy and influential parents.

Ques. 3

I have an absolute rule that is inviolable in my class, an eighth-grade English teacher comments to a colleague. They may not say or do anything to hurt one of their classmate's feelings. Kids need to feel safe, or they won't be willing to speak up. If we view this as an ethical matter, the English teacher is operating at which moral stage?

a. Punishment and obedience
  b. Market exchange
  c. Interpersonal harmony
  d. Social contract

Ques. 4

According to Kohlberg's theory, Mrs. Ossi is likely to be most successful if she teaches:

a. first graders.
  b. third graders.
  c. fifth graders.
  d. eighth graders.

Ques. 5

Of the following, which is the most important factor causing the issue in Mrs. Henderson's classroom?

a. Stereotype threat
  b. A resistance culture
  c. A cultural mismatch
  d. Ethnic diversity

Ques. 6

Ken, 14, in an incident of vandalism, breaks a window in an abandoned warehouse. I can't believe I did that, he reacts later. I don't know what I thought I was getting out of it. It wasn't even fun. I'll never do that again. In the absence of any other information, we would describe Ken as being at which ethical stage?

a. Market exchange
  b. Interpersonal harmony
  c. Law and order
  d. Social contract
Read 124 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
mt1036222mt1036222
wrote...
Rep: 5 0
6 years ago