× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
SophiaGrant SophiaGrant
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The channel of communication that includes the body language people use to convey unspoken messages is:

a. I-messages.
  b. nonverbal.
  c. assertive communication.
  d. active listening.

Ques. 2

Jordan's score on a standardized test of mathematical aptitude was at the 85th percentile. Which of the following best interprets this score?

a. Jordan got 85 of the test items right.
  b. Jordan's rank in the class is about 15th.
  c. 15 of all students taking this test scored higher than Jordan.
  d. For any given test item, Jordan's chances of answering it correctly are 8.5 out of 10.

Ques. 3

Which of the following statements most accurately describes the relationship between verbal and nonverbal behavior?

a. The credibility of a message is communicated more strongly through the nonverbal than through the verbal channel of communication.
  b. Verbal and nonverbal behavior are two different channels of communication, and one has little effect on the other.
  c. Warmth, empathy, and caring are communicated verbally, whereas assertiveness and management are communicated nonverbally.
  d. Affective factors are primarily communicated verbally, while cognitive factors are primarily communicated nonverbally.

Ques. 4

Angie is in the eighth grade. On a standardized test, she scored at the tenth-grade level on a vocabulary subtest. What is the best interpretation of her score?

a. Angie is at the 80th percentile rank of eighth graders for vocabulary.
  b. Angie's vocabulary is similar to that of the average tenth grader taking that test.
  c. Angie's score is about 2 standard deviations above the average vocabulary score for eighth graders.
  d. Angie scores better on vocabulary than in other content areas.

Ques. 5

A teacher notices a student in the back of the room whispering during a learning activity. He immediately walks over and stands near the student. His behavior best illustrates:

a. organization.
  b. momentum.
  c. smoothness.
  d. withitness.

Ques. 6

Rocco received a raw score of 56 . Given a mean of 50, a median of 50, and a standard deviation of 4, what is Rocco's z-score?

a. 1.5
  b. 0.0.
  c. 1.25
  d. 2.5

Ques. 7

Of the following, the best example of an I-message is:

a. I don't like it when you people are disruptive.
  b. I have to interrupt my teaching when people talk without permission. You make me angry when this happens.
  c. I have to stop and start over when people don't listen to directions. I get frustrated when I have to repeat directions.
  d. You know better than to act like this. I get upset when I have to correct your behavior.
Read 66 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
jenten17jenten17
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free