j
l
d
y
galekias galekias
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following teachers incorporates one or more of the common elements of constructivist student-centered teaching?

a. Mr. Tindal gives the students additional homework questions for extra credit when he covers complex new concepts in science.
  b. Ms. Fowler writes the assignments on the board and has seatwork ready for students when they arrive each morning.
  c. Mr. Franks rewards his students with extra points when they complete their spelling assignments and make a perfect score on the test.
  d. Mrs. Kim's math center has containers with colored beads, building blocks, and play money for children to use when they solve tasks together.

Ques. 2

Mr. Hester uses cooperative group activities every week in his middle school language arts classes. He believes that the social interactions involved in such activities shape students' learning. Which of the following theorists most likely influenced Mr. Hester's thinking?

a. Information processing theorists
  b. Piaget
  c. Vygotsky
  d. Bruner

Ques. 3

A new student just arrived at Jackson Elementary. The principal led the student to Mrs. Kimble's class and motioned for the student to take a seat. When Mrs. Kimble spoke to the student, he didn't answer. He was wearing sneakers, and he carried a backpack. He had dark hair and wore glasses. If Mrs. Kimble is a problem solver, what information about this student will receive her attention?

a. The student's backpack
  b. The student's eyeglasses
  c. The student didn't answer her.
  d. The principal led the student.

Ques. 4

Mr. Larson is beginning a social studies unit about communities with his first grade students. He invited Mateo's dad, Mr. Gomez, to bring one of his masonry tools to class and demonstrate his work with his construction crew in building new homes. By tying Mr. Gomez's skill into the lesson, Mr. Larson is using:

a. sheltered instruction.
  b. two-way immersion.
  c. cultural funds of knowledge.
  d. reverse cultural knowledge.

Ques. 5

If Rhonda wants to use maintenance rehearsal to keep information in working memory, which of the following will she do?

a. I need to write down the tracking number as soon as I find a pen to copy it from the Web site.
  b. The number has part of my phone number plus my favorite number and 89.
  c. The tracking number is 2680 5589, 2680 5589, 2680 5589.
  d. Two plus 6 is 8 and that helps me remember the first part of the number.

Ques. 6

Ms. Kovalik works with her third grade reading groups to teach her students the skill of identifying the main idea when they read a passage. She wants the students to transfer the skill to reading in content areas. Which of the following is most likely to help her achieve the goal?

a. Teach students different skills to use in understanding content area reading.
  b. Ask parents to identify the main idea for their child when the child reads assignments for homework.
  c. Provide practice with the skill to the point of overlearning the strategy and repeating it.
  d. Teach students how to identify the main idea or topic sentence when they write.
Read 98 times
1 Reply