a
t
i
r
kmtz77 kmtz77
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A bleacher at a college has collapsed, and you are the first EMS unit to arrive on the scene. As you enter the gym, several patients are walking around with various injuries. Which one of the following instructions is MOST appropriate for these ambulatory patients?

A) Put this yellow tag on your wrist and go outside to the red fire truck in the parking lot.
  B) Go outside and wait by the red fire truck in the parking lot and stay there.
  C) Sit down here so that I can do a quick assessment on you.
  D) Leave this gym and wait outside. I will be out in a few minutes after I check others who cannot walk.

Question 2

The AEMT shows she understands the importance and reason for forming a general impression of the patient when she makes which one of the following statements?

A) Forming a general impression provides me with a rough idea of the patient's overall status.
  B) Forming a general impression allows me to fully assess the emergency situation.
  C) The general impression enables me to rule out any life-threatening conditions.
  D) The general impression permits a rapid diagnosis of the patient's problem.

Question 3

Your EMS system uses the Simple Triage and Rapid Transport (START) system for triaging patients at a multiple-casualty incident. Which one of the following should you include in your triage assessment to determine the order in which patients will receive emergency care?

A) Chief complaint, vital signs, and past medical history
  B) Chief complaint and vital signs
  C) Level of consciousness and past medical history
  D) Respiratory and perfusion status

Question 4

You have been dispatched to an apartment for an elderly man complaining of shortness of breath. When should you start the process of forming a general impression about this patient?

A) As you and your partner approach him
  B) After completing the primary assessment
  C) Following the completion of vital signs
  D) As soon as you obtain his chief complaint
Read 48 times
1 Reply