f
a
d
c
RUNNER84 RUNNER84
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following statements regarding the NFPA safety diamond is true?

a. The NFPA safety diamond tells you whether the fuel in a fire is paper, liquid, gas, or wood.
  b. The NFPA safety diamond must be displayed on any building or vehicle that contains hazardous materials.
  c. The number of NFPA safety diamonds on a vehicle indicates the toxicity of the hazardous material.
  d. The NFPA safety diamond identifies the known safety hazards of a given material.

Question 2

Organized under the Office of the Surgeon General, community-based volunteer medical professionals who have agreed to help in the event of a disaster are known as the:

a. National Response Framework.
  b. Emergency Support Annexes.
  c. Medical Reserve Corps.
  d. Disaster Medical Assistance Team.

Question 3

You and your friend arrive at an accident scene where a compact car has rolled down an embankment. Based on your OEC training, you realize that before anyone enters the vehicle, it should be stabilized. Vehicle stabilization includes all of the following actions except:

a. shutting off the engine.
  b. having several men hold the vehicle to prevent it from moving.
  c. disconnecting the battery cables.
  d. engaging the parking brake.

Question 4

You overhear a group of EMTs discussing the concept of driving an ambulance with due regard for the safety of others. Which of the following statements indicates that the EMT understands the concept?

a. When responding to an emergency, I drive as fast as possible so that emergency care can be delivered as quickly as possible.
  b. When taking a patient to the hospital, I drive as quickly as possible so that I can get back into service for another call.
  c. When approaching an intersection, I wait for all traffic to stop before proceeding through.
  d. It is acceptable to take a nonemergency patient to the hospital using lights and siren if dispatch informs me that there is another call waiting.
Read 60 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
macchamugichamacchamugicha
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free