r
r
lacerna92 lacerna92
wrote...
6 years ago
In contrast to spoken language, written language is more likely

a. to be spread out across time.
  b. to allow re-scanning of the input.
  c. to be supplemented by nonverbal cues.
  d. to reveal a continuous flow of input, without discrete boundaries between the units.

Question 2

When the fMRI technique is used in studying language comprehension,

a. both the left and the right hemisphere are active, though their functions are somewhat different.
  b. people's responses occur so quickly that the fMRI is not especially useful.
  c. the results reveal that people who have experienced strokes show remarkably normal patterns of brain activity.
  d. the results reinforce the conclusion that language tasks are handled exclusively by the left hemisphere.

Question 3

In Chapter 9, the in-depth section discusses research in neurolinguistics. According to this discussion,

a. one advantage to an fMRI is that it does not require an injection of radioactive material.
  b. one advantage to a PET scan is that it can detect changes that occur very quickly.
  c. neurolinguists have identified a very specific location in the brain, which focuses on language comprehension.
  d. neurolinguists know that the right hemisphere can process some aspects of language. However, they have not yet identified the location of any specific process.
Read 52 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
nomejodasnomejodas
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free