× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
hmpark224 hmpark224
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
What observation made of other stars seems to suggest the solar nebula hypothesis is correct?

a. Stars are found to exist more often in binaries than by themselves.
  b. Protostars are seen to radiate much of their light at infrared wavelengths.
  c. Nearby stars tend to be low mass red dwarfs.
  d. Young stars are found to have hot disks that surround them.

Question 2

DNA is important to a cell because

a. DNA is the cell membrane that allows nutrients to enter the cell and waste to leave.
  b. DNA contains the information necessary to make all of the molecules required by the organism.
  c. DNA contains the information necessary for the cell to reproduce itself.
  d. all of the above
  e. b and c above

Question 3

The solar nebula theory is NOT able to explain which of the following observed characteristics of the solar system? Another theory would be needed.

a. Common direction of rotation of the planets.
  b. Common direction of revolution of the planets.
  c. The formation of hydrogen atoms in the solar system from subatomic particles.
  d. The density of the Jovian planets.

Question 4

What limitation(s) make it impossible to travel between stars? I. Fuel requirements II. The tremendous distances between stars III. The finite speed at which objects can travel

a. I
  b. II
  c. III
  d. II & III
  e. I, II, & III

Question 5

The speed of the solar wind is approximately 400 km/s and the distance from the sun to Saturn is 9.5 AU (1 AU = 1.5x108 km). How long does it take a particle in the solar wind to reach Saturn?

a. about 4.1 hours
  b. about 4.1 days
  c. about 41 days
  d. about 4.1 years
  e. about 41 years

Question 6

Why are massive main sequence stars not likely to have planets that contain life?

a. The life zones around these stars is too small.
  b. These stars would sweep away all of the material from which planets could form.
  c. These stars are too hot to allow water to exist as a liquid on any planets that might form.
  d. These stars are on the main sequence for too short a time to allow life to evolve.
  e. These stars are almost always binaries and planetary orbits are unstable around binaries.
Read 48 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
FakeUserFakeUser
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free