a
t
i
r
Lost4ever Lost4ever
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Nearly every aspect of astronomy is related in some way to the existence of gravity and to the motions which are responsible for a balance against gravity. How does this balance play a role for the miscellaneous objects of the solar system (i.e.

, the asteroids and comets)? How can some aspect of this be used as a tool to determine masses in the solar system?

Question 2

The Milky Way is often considered to be an intermediately wound, barred spiral, which would be type ________ according to Hubble.

A) E4
  B) Sa
  C) SBb
  D) SBV
  E) B2S

Question 3

The Earth's orbital eccentricity does not play a major role in our seasons, for perihelion occurs in January. Is this true on Mars also?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 4

In terms of ________, all the terrestrials are greater than any of the jovians.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 5

The process occurring when photons bounce off a polished surface is called:

A) diffraction.
  B) refraction.
  C) reflection.
  D) dispersion.
  E) interference.

Question 6

Every red dwarf star that ever joined the main sequence is still there today.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false
Read 20 times
3 Replies