d
l
a
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, Aliya1
Hi there, I am on the genetics part of unit 6 for biology 30
Dihybrid is what i am currently working on along with probability as well.

#7. Use the following information to answer the next four questions.

In guinea pigs, a black coat (B) is dominant over a white coat (b), and straight hair (S) is dominant over curly hair (s). A heterozygous, black, and straight hair guinea pig (BbSs) was test crossed. What is the phenotypic ratio of the offspring produced from the test cross? Use 0 for phenotypes not produced in the above cross. Number:
Phenotype: Black straight, Black curly, White straight, White curly.
Post Merge: 5 years ago

Hi again, I am not sure how to make a reference to my other post but i am just going to place my other 3 questions that you will need to use the information form question 7 in order to answer #8,#9&#10.

Here are the remaining questions: #8. Which of the following rows identifies pure breeding guinea pigs for both hair colour and hair type?a).Genotype 1(bbSs) Genotype 2(BbSS). b). Genotype 1(BbSS) Genotype 2(BBSs). c). Genotype 1(BBSS) genotype 2(BbSs). d). Genotype 1( bbSS) genotype 2(BBss).
my guess as an answer a
#9. Which of the following genotypes would produce a population in which 50% of the offspring would have a black coat and all of the offspring would have curly hair?Select one:a). Bbss and bbss.b). Bbss and BbSs.c). bbSS and bbSs.d). BBSS and bbss.
my guess as an answer b
#10.A guinea pig heterozygous for both traits mated with a homozygous recessive guinea pig. What is the probability of having offspring with at least one dominant trait?Select one:a). 0.50.b). 0.00.c). 0.75).d). 0.25.e). 1.0
my guess as an answer a .

Thank you so much for your help with my previous questions Slight Smile Have a great evening
Read 270 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
5 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 510 words and 2 attached file(s).
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Ange17