t
i
r
r
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
5 years ago
#15.Once an abundant species in Alberta, the caribou population is currently staggering at approximately 6,700 individuals.
Little Smoky caribou herd is located in Northern Alberta, and its population is a risk of extirpation. In 1970, there were only 105 caribous in the Little Smoky area with a per capita growth rate of –0.301 between 1970 and 2012.
What was the population of Little Smoky caribou herd in 2012?
Express your answer rounded to the nearest whole number.

#16.Pronghorns look very similar to antelopes and are considered the fastest mammal in North America. They can be found in the Southeastern parts of Alberta. 
In the 1800s, it is thought that the population of pronghorns reach 35 million in the Prairies. By 1924, only 16,794 pronghorns could be found in Alberta. In 1996, only 8500 remained.
What is the per capita growth rate of pronghorns in Alberta between 1924 and 1996?
Express your answer as a value between 0 and 1 rounded to two decimal places. If the population is decreasing indicate this with a negative sign.
Read 1378 times
21 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
5 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, bio_man
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 310 words.