a
t
i
r
r
StevenSpaghetti StevenSpaghetti
wrote...
5 years ago
There are two opposing models in our country of due process and crime control. Proponents for due process maintain that it is better for a guilty person to go free than for an innocent person to be imprisoned. Crime control proponents argue that perpetrators of crime must pay for their crimes at all costs, even if their rights are violated. Do most due process advocates only care about the events leading up to the conviction? Do they not care as much after the conviction if the guilty criminal is subjected to harsh and unfair penalties? In other words, is the worry more about an innocent person being convicted or is it about fairness all the way through the system, even for child molesters, rapists, and murderers? If police made an appropriate arrest and the trial was completely fair and a person is convicted of 1st degree murder, would due process proponents complain if the murderer was given 20 more years than a different murderer received on a prior case? What is your opinion?
Textbook 
Crime Control in America: What Works?

Crime Control in America: What Works?

Edition: 4th
Author:
Read 47 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
StevenSpaghetti AuthorStevenSpaghetti
wrote...
5 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
This verified answer contains over 160 words.