a
t
i
r
Omizzle Omizzle
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Hi guys, I would like to learn from my mistake. I had a question that asked through what processes do cells export proteins? I didn't find it anywhere in my notes. Maybe I suck at googling, but I couldnt find it either. Any ideas anyone?

thanks
Read 399 times
7 Replies
Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
The answer to this question varies from protein to protein. In general, secreted proteins (albumin, for example). Are synthesized at ribosomes attached to the rough ER. These proteins are fed into the lumen of the ER as they are made. In the ER, they begin to fold into their correct confromation. They can then be packaged into vesicles, which bring the proteins to the golgi complex. In the cisternae of the golgi, the proteins are further modified. Carbohydrate groups can be added here. Vesicles containing the proteins then bud off of the golgi and fuse with the plasma membrane, releasing the proteins outside the cell.
Omizzle Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you for your reply. I was wondering then would it be endocytosis because I know thats how the cell absorbs proteins but would that be how they export them
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
They export proteins via exocytosis.
Omizzle Author
wrote...
9 years ago
tyvm could you explain why because I dont understand it
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator