m
s
Amanda387 Amanda387
wrote...
On Hiatus
Rep: 0 1
3 years ago
Problem 1:
A report states that on average Moroccan boys (12-18 years old) get a haircut 5.8 times a year. An independent researcher randomly selected 20 boys (12-18 years old) and obtained these data.
3   2   1   3   7   2   9   4   6   6
8   0   5   6   4   2   1   3   4   1

At α = 0.05, can it be concluded that the average is still 5.8 visits per year? (Hint: use the t test for hypothesis testing)

Problem 2:
A large university reports that the mean salary of parents of an entering class is $91,600. To see how this compares to his university, a president surveys 28 randomly selected families and finds that their average income is $88,500. If the sample standard deviation is $10,000, can the president conclude that there is a difference? At α = 0.10, is he correct?
(Hint: hypothesis testing when the mean is known/ z table)

Because of these circumstances, I decided to give you a light final exam. Get back to me if you need any help
Read 878 times
16 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free

Related Topics

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
Because of these circumstances, I decided to give you a light final exam. Get back to me if you need any help

What do you mean by that?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
Problem 2: A large university reports that the mean salary of parents of an entering class is $91,600. To see how this compares to his university, a president surveys 28 randomly selected families and finds that their average income is $88,500. If the sample standard deviation is $10,000, can the president conclude that there is a difference? At α = 0.10, is he correct? (Hint: hypothesis testing when the mean is known/ z table)

Check this out:

Amanda387 Author
wrote...
On Hiatus
3 years ago
thank youu
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
Let me know what you get for problem 2. I can confirm that problem 1 is correct, I looked my solution over, it checks out.
Amanda387 Author
wrote...
On Hiatus
3 years ago
I still don't understand the solution of problem 1
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
I still don't understand the solution of problem 1

Which part? Did you watch the video that came with it?
Amanda387 Author
wrote...
On Hiatus
3 years ago
yes i did but i found it difficult
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
Watch it several times over, its been explained really well.

In terms of the solution I provided above, which part doesn't make sense to you?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
Answer to question 2:

Amanda387 Author
wrote...
On Hiatus
3 years ago
now i understand thank you
wrote...
3 years ago
thank you
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
thank you

Welcome, feel free to ask more questions...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  854 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion