s
s
b
c
R
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
3 years ago
Anti-gravity has been talked for a long period of time, I would like to know on any clear description on what gravity is in matter?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Read 405 times
18 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I believe the gravity we experience on earth is due the to the rotation of the earth. If you spin a vessel really fast, the objects inside will experience a "magnetic" force towards the edge of the vessel. I first realized this when I was a teenager, riding this at an amusement park.

And similarly:

oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Human lives on the surface of earth, during the earth's spinning, gravity holds us on earth, that is the force, if not, we cannot stay on earth.  Based on current information, is there any reference related to what gravity is in matter? if not, there is no way to understand anti-gravity.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
3 years ago

This could help
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
The video makes note of Einstein's idea of gravity, where gravity arises from the "warping" of space and time.

Going back to what I stated, gravity that you feel on Earth also depends on the fact that when the earth is spinning, centripetal forces are in affect, causing us to move towards the earth's center.

oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Going back to what I stated, gravity that you feel on Earth also depends on the fact that when the earth is spinning, centripetal forces are in affect, causing us to move towards the earth's center.

Referring to following video, it seems hard to relate centripetal forces to gravity force, since there is no physical bonding between human physical body and Earth during Earth's spinning.

Furthermore, the video for gravity visualized shows only brief introduction, but this experiment does not work in space without gravity's existence on Earth.  

There is still a missing link on what gravity is in matter.

Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, oemBiology
It seems that the fibre (?) of space does not make sense,

Is there any concept on how mass is generated?  If I look at coin, that is made up of many chemical elements on atomic levels, and each atomic structure contain electrons and proton, but how does those elements (electrons and proton) generate mass in the first place?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
Referring to following video, it seems hard to relate centripetal forces to gravity force, since there is no physical bonding between human physical body and Earth during Earth's spinning. Furthermore, the video for gravity visualized shows only brief introduction, but this experiment does not work in space without gravity's existence on Earth.

I'm in agreement, I don't think it's the earth's rotation that's pulling us towards it's center. Using Newton's idea of gravity, given that the earth has a dense center, two objects will exert gravitation forces towards one another based on their mass. The mass of a human, relative to the dense center is negligible, hence why we're pulled towards the center (or ground, depending on your frame of reference).

Here's the formula I'm referring to:

- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
Is there any concept on how mass is generated?

Newton's law of gravity explains why matter possess mass.

Said best:

Since the gravitational force is directly proportional to the mass of both interacting objects, more massive objects will attract each other with a greater gravitational force. So as the mass of either object increases, the force of gravitational attraction between them also increases.
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, oemBiology
more massive objects will attract each other with a greater gravitational force. So as the mass of either object increases, the force of gravitational attraction between them also increases.

Why do massive objects (matter) attract each other? if this property is fully understood, then anti-gravity is practice.  

Is there any related articles talking about this issue?
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
Newtonian physics doesn't have an answer for this, Newton just came up with a law that describes what happens. It took Einstein to came up with an explanation. Briefly put, mass bends space (strictly speaking, spacetime) so that the otherwise straight path of an object moving through space is bent towards the mass. There is no "force" as such.

What do you mean by "anti-gravity"?
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I don't think it's the earth's rotation that's pulling us towards it's center.

Apologies for the confusion... Need to touch up on my physics
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
mass bends space (strictly speaking, spacetime) so that the otherwise straight path of an object moving through space is bent towards the mass. There is no "force" as such.

Back to the basic level, is any existing theory talking about on why particle matter attracts to each other in the first place, magnetic force? positive ion attracts negative ion within particles?

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1116 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 820