j
prashantakerkar prashantakerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, prashantakerkar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_pitch

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFWGgw8FHok/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Do you feel there could be some variations in the Football game, if the standard football ground dimensions - length * width (Area) are increased?

I mean any impact on the football game in terms of player positions, strategies etc?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Post Merge: 4 years ago

Thanks.

Note :

The Goalpost dimensions remain the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 856 times
9 Replies
Prashant S Akerkar

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
If widened, players would need to cover more ground, so the players would get a lot more tired trying to defend. I think the sport would need to be modified so that more players are on the field
wrote...
Valued Member
3 years ago
Thank you.

You mean instead of 11 players each in the playing teams, possible number would be 13 and more?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Absolutely, that would distribute the load more appropriately. However, i'd change the fundamentals of the game tremendously
wrote...
Valued Member
3 years ago
Thanks.

You mean changing the rules of the Football game if the ground dimensions are increased, keeping the goalpost dimensions intact?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
If everything remains proportional, meaning that for every \(x\) sq. ft. increased on the field, you add one more player, and \(y\) sq. ft. to the goalpost, then we're not changing much apart from expanding the fundamentals that are already set. But if we were to increase the playing field, but didn't add any more players or make adjustments to the goalpost dimensions, the game would get considerably more tiresome for the players, as they'd have to put in more work.

Also important to note that field dimensions vary by age of players, and whether it's being played indoor vs. outdoor. Maybe you can research that and report back to us...
wrote...
Valued Member
3 years ago
Thank you.

Probably take a feedback from FIFA committee?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Valued Member
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, prashantakerkar
Thank you.

One last question.

Do you feel the football game may become interesting with increasing the dimensions of the football ground keeping the same goalpost dimensions on probable increasing the number of players in each team as well as probable changes in the rules of the game?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I think it's become less interesting to watch, because the sport is already perceived to be boring my large % of the population already, takes too long to score a goal, etc. Therefore, adding more players in a larger field would just add to the tediousness of the sport... Just my opinion
wrote...
Valued Member
3 years ago

Thanks.

There are 4 permutations and combinations for length and breadth (width) for the rectangular Football ground.

No Length        Breadth

1   Increased    Keep as it is
2  Keep as it is Increased
3  Increased    Increased
4  Keep as it is Keep as it is

Note : 4th - Keep as it is will be
increasing neither the length and breadth which is the current standard Football rectangular ground dimensions.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Prashant S Akerkar
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  2024 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 365

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?