s
m
c
c
i_love_science i_love_science
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
3 years ago
Many diagrams on the web show that a F plasmid is being transferred from the donor F+ cell to the recipient F- cell.

Are F+ cells with a F plasmid able to transfer their own chromosomal DNA rather than the F plasmid itself?

I know that Hfr cells are able to transfer the chromosomal DNA with the F factor and have homologous exchange of the genes, but I was wondering whether it is possible with the F plasmids.

Thanks.
Read 60 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
ped
wrote...
3 years ago
Are F+ cells with a F plasmid able to transfer their own chromosomal DNA rather than the F plasmid itself?

Two things can happen. Either the plasmid gets transferred, or the entire genome (see last illustration)

wrote...
3 years ago
Two things can happen. Either the plasmid gets transferred, or the entire genome (see last illustration)

So F+ cells essentially turn into Hfr cells when their F+ plasmid is integrated into their chromosome?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  867 People Browsing
Related Images