e) (100xy)^1/2 (25x^3y^2)^-1/2
Read 230 times
13 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Hi marinejas

Could you also post what this looks like taken from your work sheet?

Thanks
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, marinejas
Sure
Post Merge: 3 years ago

Also bio_man, simplifying equations has always been the hardest for me, I was given a lot of them, and I tried looking at a lot of videos and I don't think I understand them, do you have any suggestions on how to be better at? Thanks Slight Smile
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 270 words.

Related Topics

marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
So far the videos have been very helpful Slight Smile, I'm on the 2nd video but was just confused about something. One of the questions you did (Negative exponent law) (-2x^3)^-2, as you put it into the form, 1/(-2x^3)^2, I didn't understand the part where you distribute to all of the components of the term, just needed some clarification on that. Thanks
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I see what you're referencing. Here's the expression once again:

\((-2x^3)^{-2}\)

Applying the negative exponent rule, we get the exponent becoming positive:

\(\frac{1}{(-2x^3)^2}\)

Now we distribute the positive 2 exponent to each factor within, specially the factors -2 and x3:

\(\frac{1}{\left(-2\right)^2\left(x^3\right)^2}\)

(-2)2 ⇒ -2 × -2 ⇒ 4
(x3)2 ⇒ x3×2x6

Therefore:

\(\frac{1}{4x^6}\)
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Ok so it took me a while to finish a lot of these questions bc I'm not very good at them, here's the full worksheet I had to do. The ones I did with a red star are the one's I'm still confused about, I was have trouble with binomials and the fraction type ones (Q6), just didn't know what to do for the next step. Would you mind giving me the solution to one or two of the binomials, as well as for #6. Another thing I was confused about was for 5 d) 3x^-1y^1. And for questions h) and i) (different worksheet) I don't have the solutions for that one, so just wanted to know if I completed those correctly, Thanks. Slight Smile Overall the videos have allowed me to somewhat understand how to do these equations, but I just need more practice, that's all.
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Here's the last one you posted originally:

Which ones exactly from your last post do you want me to look at. For example, if you want me to review 6 (a), let me know like that by listing them.
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Are you sure for 3. a) you have to use a^2 = square root a, because the answer is 2/xy^1/2. And thanks, would you mind looking all of 6, because I completed half of it but couldn't figure what to do after that following step. And 2. b)c) and 3.b)c) and 5 d) (the one you recently did) Just the 3x^-1y^1.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
What you noted above is the same answer I provided, expect mine is more right because the answer you provided isn't "rationalized". Technically, at your level math, all expressions should be "rationalized" -- meaning no radical in the denominator position.

And 2. b)c) and 3.b)c) and 5 d) (the one you recently did) Just the 3x^-1y^1.

You need clarification on these?
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
oh okay thanks, and yes those were the only ones I had trouble with!
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago

marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Thank you so much bio_man I will review these solutions later, but I made a mistake I meant to say c) and d) for question 2 Confounded Face I'm so sorry! But it's fine you did a lot of questions for me, I will watch your videos again to help me Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Good luck with those, please mark the topic solved once you're comfortable
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  986 People Browsing
Related Images