a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
2 years ago Edited: 2 years ago, oemBiology
Referring to following link, recently I sit in front of computer longer and get the pain of Piriformis Syndrome. I would like to know on what cause Piriformis Syndrome and how to fix it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Post Merge: 2 years ago

Would it be sitting posture issue? if yes, would following chair help to reduce Piriformis Syndrome?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Read 308 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
Piriformis syndrome is caused by compression of the sciatic nerve as it passes through the buttock. Have you tried sitting on an exercise ball instead of a conventional chair?

See illustration: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=13806

How are you feeling now since you posted this thread?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
2 years ago
Referring to following video, I would like to know on whether stretching exercise would ready help Piriformis Syndrome or not, since I know that pain come from bad sitting posture.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
These are great exercises. Follow these, and it should relieve some pain. However, you still need to correct the root cause, which is your sitting posture. If you correct that, you won't need these exercises anymore.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1365 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204