a
t
i
r
makmim3 makmim3
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago
Adam bought a boat from Charlie for $900 payable on November 6. On November 6, when Charlie came for the money, Adam didn't have it. Adam was, however, employed by Ms. Bey to do some market research. He was to be paid $1000 for his report, due on November 12. Charlie wanted an assignment of $900 of the amount Adam expected to receive November 12. Adam wrote out an assignment with all of the essential information and signed it. Charlie gave written notice of the assignment with all pertinent information to Ms. Bey the next day, November 7. On November 12, Adam had not finished his report. The contract provided that he would lose $100 for every week he was late. Adam was two weeks late in submitting his report. Which of the following is true?

▸ The assignment fails to be an assignment at all because Adam failed to get the consent of Ms. Bey.

▸ Ms. Bey must honour the notice of assignment by paying out the $900 on the day the notice was received.

▸ This assignment is a statutory assignment.

▸ Charlie, the assignee, would receive $800 from Ms. Bey and have to look to Adam for the other $100 owed.

▸ Charlie would get nothing because Ms. Bey owed less than the amount assigned.
Textbook 
Legal Fundamentals for Canadian Business

Legal Fundamentals for Canadian Business

Edition: 4th
Author:
Read 36 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
biologist13biologist13
wrote...
Rep: 0 0