p
M
a
kmonette kmonette
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago

Question 1.

Which of the choices is a zwitterion for alanine?

An illustration shows bond-line structures of four compounds. The first compound labeled one (Roman numeral) has a three-carbon chain, in which C 1 is double bonded to an oxygen atom and single bonded to a hydroxyl group, O H. C 2 is wedge bonded to ammonia, N H 3 carrying a positive charge. The second compound labeled two (Roman numeral) has a three-carbon chain, in which C 1 is double bonded to an oxygen atom and single bonded to an oxygen atom carrying a negative charge. C 2 is wedge bonded to ammonia, N H 3 carrying a positive charge. The third compound labeled three (Roman numeral) has a three-carbon chain, in which C 1 is double bonded to an oxygen atom and single bonded to a hydroxyl group, O H. C 2 is wedge bonded to an N H 2 group. The fourth compound labeled four (Roman numeral) has a three-carbon chain, in which C 1 is double bonded to an oxygen atom and single bonded to an oxygen atom carrying a negative charge. C 2 is wedge bonded to an N H 2 group.

▸ I

▸ II

▸ III

▸ IV

▸ both I and IV

Question 2.

Which of the choices is the predominant form of lysine at pH 14?

An illustration shows bond-line structure of two compounds. The first compound labeled one (Roman numeral) has a SMILES string of C(CC[NH3+])C[C@@H](C(=O)O)[NH3+]. The second compound labeled two (Roman numeral) has a SMILES string of [NH3+]CCCC[C@H]([NH3+])C(=O)[O-].

The bond-line structure of a compound labeled three (Roman numeral) has a SMILES string of C(CCN)C[C@@H](C(=O)O)N.

An illustration shows bond-line structure of two compounds. The first compound labeled four (Roman numeral) has a SMILES string of C(CCN)C[C@@H](C(=O)[O-])N. The second compound labeled five (Roman numeral) has a six-carbon chain, in which C 1 is double bonded to an oxygen atom and single bonded to an oxygen atom carrying a negative charge. C 2 is wedge bonded to an N H 2 group. C 6 is bonded to ammonia, N H 3, where nitrogen atom carries a positive charge.

▸ I

▸ II

▸ III

▸ IV

▸ V
Textbook 
Organic Chemistry

Organic Chemistry

Edition: 4th
Author:
Read 39 times
1 Reply