t
i
r
r
Blittle5 Blittle5
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
A year ago
The nurse is caring for a client who is being prepared for surgery. Due to a motorcycle crash 10 years ago, the client has a prosthetic right arm, prosthetic left leg, prosthetic left eye, and wears hearing aids. The client also wears a wedding ring that cannot easily be removed from the client's finger. Which statement by the nurse indicates the proper way of preparing the client for surgery?

▸ "Please remove your hearing aids and your prosthetic leg, arm, and eye. I am going to securely tape your ring in place. "

▸ "Please remove your hearing aids and prosthetic leg and arm. I will place tape over your left eye and tape on your ring to hold them both in place during the surgery."

▸ "I need for you to remove your hearing aids, and all of your prosthetics. I am going to get some oil to put on your finger because your ring must be removed prior to surgery."

▸ "I'm sure you know the drill because you have had many surgeries before. Please remove anything that is not your original equipment."
Textbook 
Clinical Nursing Skills: A Concept-Based Approach

Clinical Nursing Skills: A Concept-Based Approach

Edition: 3rd
Author:
Read 66 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
TAE29TAE29
wrote...
Rep: 0 0