× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
BIOLOGY FREAK BIOLOGY FREAK
wrote...
13 years ago
A stroke has caused damage to certain areas of the brain. Upon examination, a doctor notices that the person has difficulty understanding speech and the left side of the body is paralyzed. identify the specific areas of the brain that are damaged, and explain how this damage might cause problems.

I know the parts of the brain that were damaged: the wernicke's area of the emporal lobe of the cerebrum, and the primary motor area of the frontal lobe of the right hemisphere of the cerebrum.
how might this damage cause problems? -- this is what i'm stuck on
thanks
Read 7089 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
The only areas that come to mind in terms of speech is the Wernicke's Area and the Broca's Area. Technically speaking, the inability to produce speech is called Broca's aphasia, or expressive aphasia.

Generally, the rule is, the right side of your body is controlled by the left side of your brain (and vice versa), and in around 90% of people the left side of the brain also controls language.

Damage to these areas obviously disrupts the neural connections to various organs of your body.

I need more detail in terms of how detailed you want me to answer this.
Majdelly,  wajiha888
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1279 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741