a
t
i
r
atherlyn atherlyn
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
A 0.020-kg mass is attached to a 1.2-m string and moves in a horizontal circle with a constant speed of 1.50 m/s, as shown in the figure. What is the measure of angle ??

The picture is just of a tetherball pole and string with a ball attached

Ugh I don't understand how you are supposed to find this if you aren't given the radius?

The second part of the question I run into the same problem with not really knowing how to start it because it seems like Im missing crucial info!

A 0.020-kg mass is attached to a 1.2-m string and moves in a horizontal circle with a constant speed, as shown in the figure. The tension in the string is measured at 0.200 N. What is the measure of angle ??
Read 5930 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
A 0.020-kg mass is attached to a 1.2-m string and moves in a horizontal circle with a constant speed of 1.50 m/s, as shown in the figure. What is the measure of angle ??

The picture is just of a tetherball pole and string with a ball attached

Ugh I don't understand how you are supposed to find this if you aren't given the radius?

that length of 1.2 m of the string will be the radius of the circle in which the mass moves. I don't have the picture, but i can figure this out from the wordings of the problem.
try doing with this radius measure. if you still have problems, post the picture also.
we will be in a better position to help you.
I don't feel like riding until everything blurs.

Ask Me Maths Questions

wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
atherlyn Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Hmm Im not sure whats going on with this problem! I followed Lewis method for solving it but for part a it is telling me that the angle measure should have been 24.6?.?
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
Hmm Im not sure whats going on with this problem! I followed Lewis method for solving it but for part a it is telling me that the angle measure should have been 24.6?.?

I found that off another site because I thought it was in the context of your question, sorry for the confusion Frowning Face
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1289 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431