t
i
r
biomajorx127 biomajorx127
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
"Monique found out her lung cancer had returned
and had spread to her brain. The doctor said she has a small tumor in the right side of her brain
that, if left unchecked, will eventually put pressure in the areas between her right occipital and
temporal lobes. That pressure would impair function in those areas of her brain. "

Questions
1. What functional regions of Monique’s cerebral cortex are likely to be affected by the
brain tumor?
2. What specific symptoms do you predict Monique will exhibit if her tumor enlarges?

The way the question was worded threw me off a bit, in the question it seems as though they are stating that the tumor would affect the occipital and temporal lobes.  But I was wondering if it would also affect the  parietal lobe, since it is almost in between the other two? I believe this also helps answer number two, and that the cancer would cause changes with things such as her sensory perception, and reasoning abilities. Does anyone agree with this? Help is much appreciated thanks Slight Smile
Read 3319 times
2 Replies