t
i
r
r
ClaraY ClaraY
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
8 months ago
Context: Had a bad cold and my nose was blocked. I've never slept with a blocked nose in my life. The moment you fall asleep your jaw muscles relax causing your mouth to automatically shut and since my nose was blocked it jolted me awake.

I can breathe through my mouth just fine when I'm awake, since I can voluntarily use my jaw muscles to keep my mouth open and prevent it from closing. Honestly the feeling of being so tired but it being literally impossible to sleep scares me a lot, I'm so paranoid around people with colds that my average time between getting colds is years. I still wear a mask everywhere I can and constantly sanitize my hands after touching anything.

I have Zopiclone to help me sleep but I didn't want to take the sleeping pills since I knew that as soon as I fell asleep my jaw muscles would relax causing my mouth to automatically close shut and the sleeping pills might've stop me from waking up when I can't breathe.I have this fear at the back of my mind that one day I'll get some disease that will cause my nose to be blocked longer than five days, maybe even weeks or months, and I'll end up dying from a lack of sleep as I haven't slept at all for weeks/months. I've had actual nightmares about that scenario several times.
Read 251 times
3 Replies