t
m
p
m
gohar90211 gohar90211
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
A canopy tour company designs the zip line rides through forest and jungle environments. One particular zip line takes the passengers through a waterfall. The maximum height of which in 167 ft. The waterfall is 167 ft high. The zip line is 130 ft high. The horizontal distance fromt he zipline is 100 ft. and the waterfal touches the ground at 65 ft of that 100 ft.

A) Model this scenario with a system of equations.
B) Solve the system to find the horizontal distance and height at which point the zip line meets the waterfall.

Report the answer to the nearest hundredth of a metre.

Thanks everyone, this is great Smiling Face with Glasses
Read 1295 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
 Thinking Face
I don't feel like riding until everything blurs.

Ask Me Maths Questions

gohar90211 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Anyone Frowning Face

I figured it would be a parabola, with an equation like this: y = a(x - r)(x - s).
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
no idea what so ever. Frowning Face
I don't feel like riding until everything blurs.

Ask Me Maths Questions

wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Solve the system to find the horizontal distance and height at which point the zip line meets the waterfall.

Anyone Frowning Face

I figured it would be a parabola, with an equation like this: y = a(x - r)(x - s).

It says solve a system, to which I think they want a set of linear equations. I don't think your presumption is correct. This is a complicated question and I don't think it was written with much thought.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  956 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 314

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?