× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
miamorreyes miamorreyes
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
physician orders 500mcg (.5mg) of lanoxin digoxin on hand I have 250mcg (.25mg) how many tablets will be given? I think the answer is two tablets.

physician orders 1000mg of amoxicillin to be taken stat and then 500mg every eight hours for seven days. On hand I have 500mg capsules. how many capsules will I give stat? I believe the answer is two.
Read 713 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
physician orders 500mcg (.5mg) of lanoxin digoxin on hand I have 250mcg (.25mg) how many tablets will be given? I think the answer is two tablets.

You would give two doses.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
physician orders 1000mg of amoxicillin to be taken stat and then 500mg every eight hours for seven days. On hand I have 500mg capsules. how many capsules will I give stat? I believe the answer is two.

Give two doses the first time.
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, JCAST21
it is always helpful to follow the dosage calculations formula you can never go wrong with it this is how it goes

O/H x Q  O=what the physician ordered H= what you have on hand and Q= the quantity to be given in this case tablets it can also be mL if you were asked how many mL's would the nurse administer so this would be the set up would be like this
500mcg/1000mcg x 1 = 0.5   you administer 1/2 tablet every eight hours for 7 days. Go to  Dosagegelp.com it has help me a lot with these type of questions.

wrote...
9 years ago
JCAST21 definitely gave great information.  The only thing I would add to this is that with extended release tablets (ER or XR are in the name usually) you cannot break, cut, or crush them.  I was tricked with this scenario during a quiz. 
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1254 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?