× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
BIOLOGY FREAK BIOLOGY FREAK
wrote...
13 years ago
if there is insufficient iodine in the diet, a low amount of thyroxine is synthesized. This causes
A. a negative feedback to the pituitary to produce more TSh
b. a condition in adults called hypothyroidism in which they are extremely active and cannot gain weight
C. the development of diabetes insipidus in young children
D. under stimulation of the thyroid resulting in the formation of a goitre..

thnx.
Read 1824 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
D
BIOLOGY F. Author
wrote...
13 years ago
see i hate this question.. it makes no sense.. it can't be D.. because it says in my textbook that the RELENTLESS stimulation of the thyroid gland causes a goitre... it's so confusing.. A is the only one that makes sense.. but the negative feedback part in front of it doesn't.
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Worldwide, the most common cause for goitre is iodine deficiency. The question explicitly states insufficient iodine in the diet so I'm sticking with D Slight Smile
BIOLOGY F. Author
wrote...
13 years ago
but it can't be because of under-stimulation...
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
My apologies, you are right!

If thyroid function is low, the message is sent to the pituitary to produce more TSH to stimulate the production of thyroid hormone.
BIOLOGY F. Author
wrote...
13 years ago
but the thing is.. how is that negative feedback... negative feedback is= the more thyroxine produced, the less TSH.. but here.. how is this negative feedback?
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Read up on this: http://tinyurl.com/29b69hb
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  861 People Browsing
 103 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 329

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?