k
j
e
BearPro BearPro
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
I used to be a heavy/chain smoker.
Like smoking two to four packets a day was quite normal for me.

I tried several times quitting it, but always, the temptation of getting one puff started the whole cycle again of smoking one and then returning back to smoke my normal count of ciggarattes.

this time , I made up my mind, come  what may, I will not smoke ever again.

i wanted to do it because I went trekking with my friends and was feeling my lungs are burning.

So I decided to give up and here I am, not a single puff I have smoked and I am doing well now

How I did it?

First of all, make up your mind, not to take another puff, and stop using those phrases like " I am thinking to quit smoking, but to think I need a ciggaratte" Slight Smile or Quitting smoking is very easy, I have done it several times Slight Smile

Just stop it, no telling yourself that you will do it gradually, by cutting down your ciggaatte counts and eventually giving it up someday, that someday never comes, trust me

now it starts getting difficult when you are not taking puffs of smoke that you enjoyed earlier, the craving builds up and every ciggaratte lighted just makes you go like, " ok just this one, i will not smoke again ever"

don't do that, dont ever smoke again once you decided, what ever you might feel,

start doing meditation, for 10 mins and then increase it to 30 mins a day
meditation helps calming mind and also opens up lungs that have been left tortured by smoking.

when ever you feel like smoking, just say to yourself, " I am strong enough to quit , and I will live a healthy life", it is called positive affirmations.

one thing that I noticed with myself was, when ever I was waiting for some one , i used to light up a ciggaratte just to kill time, I don't now,
I start memorising my wordlists that I have to mug up for my exams or say something nice to myself or just close my eyes for a while and think of something beautiful]

well, the key here is to be honest with yourself, because if you decide not to smoke and you are doing it in private becasue you dont want others to know about it, is not a good idea.

One thing more, I have realized, that quitting works if you do it for yourself and not for some one else,
do it for yourself, and If I can do it, you too can

I have been going to gym for like 2 hours daily, and working the treadmill was like such a daunting taks, but now I do it for around 15 minutes, 15 minutes may sound less, but just on the first day, i could not do it for more than 2 mins,

be happy that you have quit and it will all work out

Why am I posting it today?

because I took a puff today and felt like , " OMG, I have been putting this sh@# in my body for so many years, Slight Smile"

Read 1091 times
3 Replies
I don't feel like riding until everything blurs.

Ask Me Maths Questions