× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
pokerryan pokerryan
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Ok, my boyfriend got accepted to a really good medical school in the caribbeans and I'm going to college in texas. We love eachother and are really at a good strong point. We are going to "stay together" -- I want some fun ideas on just how to keep in touch aside from the normal phone and emails??
Read 1138 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Keep getting injured.
wrote...
11 years ago
Caribbean islands are fun places to visit, but living on them can become a burden, so be a little sentitive to that when your boyfriend complains.  It may sound like fun, but it can be real pain to live there.  You should visit ValueMD.com.  All of the Caribbean schools have forums there and you can discuss any topic with current students and their mates/spouses.

You'll learn about VOIP connections to keep costs down.  Web cameras certainly add a dimension to conversations.  Depending on which island, trips in and out range between $600 to $1200 per person.  (A suggestion: pick a different island for those get togethers--make it a vacation for each of you).

A cautionary note:  Don't panic that he may be losing interest and paying less attention to you.  That's not it at all---it's the course load.  I guarantee you have never experienced so much information given so fast.  If he's a good student, your conversations will be briefer than you'd like, he'll seem distracted and you're going to not like that.  Don't get mad at him--understand that's the way things are for a med student.  He's going to have a lot of stress--don't add to it by complaining you aren't getting enough attention.  I know you won't be, but that's the nature of this game.

Med school has destroyed many relationships, but it's also made those good ones even stronger.  Hopefully, he'll be sensitive to the fact that you're in a new environment, too and experiencing events that will create life-long memories.  I hope that fosters a sharing.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1237 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4