× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
firehawk347 firehawk347
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
I am thinking of going to university in Australia for an undergraduate degree.
I would like to study physiotherapy or exercise and sport science.

My decision will be a bit based on the sporting outlook and area of the university I decide to apply for.
Which universities are best for sports? (Soccer, Aussie Rules)
I know University of Newcastle has a Gaelic football team are there any other universities like this?
What are the best areas in Australia near a university with professional clubs? (Hyundai A-League, AFL)

Thanks.
Read 304 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
University of Wollongong is by far considered one of the best universities to go to purely because of its sports.
Academically, it isn't as renowned or on par with other top universities, but the students choose it for the lifestyle. It's facilities are excellent and abundant, it's close to the beach, the blue mountains....basically every type of sport is accessible if you go there.
However, since you might want to study sport science, because of the no. students who pick UWollongong because of its sports environment, the university is actually well known in that area, and produces some of the best graduates.
University of Newcastle is pretty bogan; but that means yeah, it has quite a few sporty AFL, rugby players.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1271 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292