p
M
a
zzz1090 zzz1090
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
True or False:
According to the Hardy-Weinberg principle, the frequency of alleles in a population tends to change even when nothing specifically affects them.
Read 573 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
uh no, its the other way around. it says that allele frequency tends to not change without disturbances. that doesn't mean that the hardy-weinberg principle really applies to anything natural though, because in nature there are always influential factors.
wrote...
12 years ago
I do not specificaly understand your question, but i will try to understand it as best i can.

The Hardy-Weinberg principle is the principle of genetic equalibrium and states five conditions that must be met in order for a population to be in genetic equalibrium in which nothing changes. those conditions are:

1. Large population
2. no mutations
3. random mating
4. no natural selection
5. isolated population

Unless these conditions are met, then a population is constantly changing. So if the frequency of alleles are changeing in a population, then one or more of the above five conditions are not met. I would have to say false to your question on the basis that i don't believe anything in the Hardy-Weinberg principle states anything about frequency of alleles changing when nothing affects them.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  978 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 81