a
t
i
r
ashy8286 ashy8286
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
i will be graduating next june with a bachelors in animal biology. I originally wanted to apply for vet school but due to high tuition and high competition i need some back up options. does anyone know what other careers i can pursue with this degree that is not really focused on research as much but rather in animal handling? I know i can become a vet tech but i don't know if that is a good option to go towards. any suggestions?
Read 463 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
well i am not an expert the  subject but i do know quite a few biologists who work for museums but the majority of the paid ones have doctorates or masters. I would say stick with being a vet because that is probably your least expensive option at this point. You could try local zoo's but it is unlikely you would get more than an internship. Science is not the most glamorous or highest paying field it is about the love. There is a limited amount of government jobs that deal with research and some of the larger companies use biologists like cosmetics companies to work with their animals and that pretty much covers it i think.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1154 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293