f
a
d
c
juliaroberts juliaroberts
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Can anyone give me some descriptions of jobs i can do with a chemistry degree , dont know anything specific and i just want to be introduced to some job names maybe some descriptions if possible id really appreciate it.  I would like specific job names and maybe a few general...if possible... thanks..appreciate!
Read 344 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
A chemistry degree is very versatile, and with one it'll be hard not to find a job. Here's a few options with one:
- A teacher or professor- Chemistry, being a pure science, attracts a lot of students who really are interested in learning.  With this, these students often go on to be excited to share what they have learned, and teaching can be an enjoyable profession.
- Research and development (Business)- Many large companies need chemists to work in there industry to refine their products. These include the petroleum industry, synthetics, pharmecuetical (more for biochemistry), coatings, adhesives, alloys, preservatives, dyes, and batteries. These are just to name a few; almost any large corporation employs a number of chemists.
-Law- Some law firms will employ chemists simply to have an expert in the field for use in a variety of their cases.
wrote...
11 years ago
Archimedes mentioned a number of good jobs.  Another option is to get a position in an analytical chemistry lab.  While I can't recommend it as an interesting use of your time, it's fairly easy to get a position doing it.  Many states employee chemists to measure water contamination, and manufacturing companies hire chemists to perform QA/QC work.  If you're looking for this type of work, I'd recommend volunteering in a lab at your school to gain familiarity with liquid chromatography and GC/MS equipment.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  972 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 379