× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
d9esco d9esco
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
So there are 23 pairs of chromosomes in the human genome and every cell nucleus contains the human genome. Every eurokratic cell goes through mitosis and I was wondering if only a certain number of chromosomes within, say skin cells, are transfered from the nuclius of a cell to outer membrain to create another skin cell, or if its just a single chromosome or just a subsection of the chromosome.
Read 542 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Each cell type in the body is differentiated, even though they all contain the same DNA. When a cell undergoes mitosis, one skin cell becomes two cells, and each chromosome from the parent replicates so that the daughter cells have the same number of chromosomes as the original cell.
d9esco Author
wrote...
8 years ago
If all 23 pairs of chromosomes are taken by tRNA during the mitosis of a skin cell how is it that all other genes are inactive and the genes to create a skin cell are the only ones that are active in the creation of a skin cell.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Do you know what tRNA is? You're mixing up the process. All 46 pieces of DNA are replicated first, forming 92. The cell is then split into two cells.
d9esco Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Do you know what tRNA is? You're mixing up the process. All 46 pieces of DNA are replicated first, forming 92. The cell is then split into two cells.

correct me if i'm wrong but tRNA is the organelle that transfers a strand of DNA outside the cell nucleus to be rebuilt either within the cell membrane.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
No. tRNA is a protein that plays a role in building polypeptides, the precursors to proteins, in the process of translation.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1276 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?